Today concludes the the Ignatian Year, and above, a painting of the saint in his recovery I had not seen before. A cannonball seems to me to be a more effective weapon against a building. For Ignatius, it altered the course of his life. The long-term consequence is that it altered the course of many lives in each of the centuries since his injury.
about this site
Catholic Sensibility is a personal blog by a Catholic layperson with comments and occasional other writings by Catholics and non-Catholics. We make no particular claims to have the completeness of a Roman Catholic expression of Christianity. It contains opinion, interpretation, and personal musings. That’s it. Nothing official or authoritatively connected to the Magisterium.
- Priests As Front Men
- Desiderio Desideravi 60b: Formation During the Mass
- Desiderio Desideravi 60a: The Education of the Priest, Preliminaries
- M4 The Closest Cluster
- Desiderio Desideravi 59: The Action of the Spirit
- Desiderio Desideravi 58: Under the Gaze of Mary
- M3 Amongst the Hunting Dogs
- Desiderio Desideravi 57: The Risen Lord
- A Tale of Two QBs
- Desiderio Desideravi 55-56: Some Broad Considerations
Vatican II pages
- 11,135,017 hits