about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- No Suffocation
- Mutuae Relationes 44: A Local Bishop’s Authority
- DPPL 234: Celebration of the Eucharist
- On My Bookshelf: A Natural History of the Piano
- Mutuae Relationes 43: Too Tolerant?
- DPPL 233: Problems With A Saint’s Day
- Sex, Gender, and Such
- Mutuae Relationes 41-42: Innovations and Experiments
- Reconciliation Lectionary: Nehemiah 9:1-20, A Psalm of Memory
- Lenten Reflections: Arevakal
- 4,504,452 hits
Daily Archives: 29 January 2012
Numbered sections 199 through 251 treat concelebrated Mass, the form of liturgy in which two or more priests serve the community in a ritual role. These occasions involve a number of particulars for the clergy. But here are the very … Continue reading
Let’s discuss under the banner of “The inspiration of the Catechism of the Catholic Church: trinitarian christocentricity and the nobility of the vocation of the human person.” 123. The axis of the Catechism of the Catholic Church is Jesus Christ, … Continue reading