about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- No Suffocation
- Mutuae Relationes 44: A Local Bishop’s Authority
- DPPL 234: Celebration of the Eucharist
- On My Bookshelf: A Natural History of the Piano
- Mutuae Relationes 43: Too Tolerant?
- DPPL 233: Problems With A Saint’s Day
- Sex, Gender, and Such
- Mutuae Relationes 41-42: Innovations and Experiments
- Reconciliation Lectionary: Nehemiah 9:1-20, A Psalm of Memory
- Lenten Reflections: Arevakal
- 4,504,452 hits
Daily Archives: 3 July 2013
John Paul II wrote this section for priests. I have no doubt it is lensed through his personal experiences and his obvious devotion to the celebration of Mass, as we’ve seen on so many occasions in his public ministry. 31. … Continue reading
Setting: 19th century India. Against tradition and with no small amount of peer disapproval Anant Shastri introduced his daughter to religious texts. He schooled her in Sanskrit plus modern languages of the subcontinent. At the age of twenty Ramabai astounded intellectuals at … Continue reading