This NCR profile on twenty-something Catholics was much more interesting than the same issue’s musings on the politics of liturgy. I just don’t see this kind of searching on some of the more typical conservative web pages, just essays about dead guys–though good dead guys. Perhaps some of you more critical readers have experiences otherwise. I’d love to have some of these “Millennials” as parishioners, and I wonder about ways to attract them to the fold. I can’t escape the notion that many “orthodox” Catholics are just waiting for such folks to darken their doorsteps, like it was some kind of entitlement to fill their pews. Instead, this is clearly a matter of trust to be earned.
about this site
Catholic Sensibility is a personal blog by a Catholic layperson with comments and occasional other writings by Catholics and non-Catholics. We make no particular claims to have the completeness of a Roman Catholic expression of Christianity. It contains opinion, interpretation, and personal musings. That’s it. Nothing official or authoritatively connected to the Magisterium.
- RENQTC Question 4: Text of the Bible
- Reconciliatio et Paenitentia 32: Forms of Celebration, Part 3: Communal Reconciliation with Individual Confession
- On The Tube: The Crown
- Reconciliatio et Paenitentia 32: Forms of Celebration, Part 2: Individual Confession, Plus Other Things
- Antivax March
- Reconciliatio et Paenitentia 32: Forms of Celebration, Part 1: Three Forms, One Sacrament
- Mimas Ocean … Or Lake
- Reconciliatio et Paenitentia 31: Some Fundamental Convictions, Part 10: Priest as Penitent
- Different Headlines
- Reconciliatio et Paenitentia 31: Some Fundamental Convictions, Part 9: Gratitude
Vatican II pages
- 10,871,808 hits