104. For the good of the faithful, the Holy See reserves to itself the right to prepare translations in any language, and to approve them for liturgical use.[Code of Canon Law, cann. 333, 360; Pope John Paul II, Apost. Const. Pastor Bonus, 28 June 1988, art. 62-65: AAS 80 (1988) 876-877; cf. S. Congr. for Divine Worship, Letter to the Presidents of the Conferences of Bishops De normis servandis quoad libros liturgicos in vulgus edendos, illorum translatione in linguas hodiernas peracta, 25 October 1973, n. 1: AAS 66 (1974) 98] Nevertheless, even if the Apostolic See, by means of the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments, may intervene from time to time out of necessity in the preparation of translations, it still belongs to the competent Conference of Bishops to approve their assumption into liturgical use within the boundaries of a given ecclesiastical territory, unless otherwise explicitly indicated in the decree of approbation of the translation promulgated by the Apostolic See. Afterwards, for the purpose of obtaining the recognitio of the Holy See, the Conference shall transmit the decree of approbation for its territory together with the text itself, in accordance with the norms of this Instruction and of the other requirements of the law.
105. For reasons such as those set forth in nn. 76 and 84 above or for other urgent reasons of pastoral need, commissions, councils, committees, or work groups depending directly on the Apostolic See are established by decree of the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments for the purpose of working on the translation either of individual liturgical books or of several. In this case, insofar as possible, at least some of the Bishops involved in the matter will be consulted.
- Amoris Laetitia 50: Some Challenges
- Amoris Laetitia 49: Life In Poverty
- Amoris Laetitia 48: Elderly Persons
- Amoris Laetitia 47: Persons With Special Needs
- Amoris Laetitia 46: Human Migration
- Amoris Laetitia 45: Obstacles for Children
- Amoris Laetitia 44: Issues of Material Provision
- Book of the Gospels
- Amoris Laetitia 43: Faith and Religious Practice Weakens
- Amoris Laetitia 42: Declining Populations
Vatican II pages
Kat on Does Bad Music Chase Away Good… Liam on Amoris Laetitia 48: Elderly… Book of the Gospels… on Book of the Deceased FrMichael on Fr Rosica’s Feud Co… Liam on A Dime For Trans Liam on A Dime For Trans Liam on Amoris Laetitia 41: Of Pa… Liam on Amoris Laetitia 41: Of Pa… Jim McCrea on Bathroom Wars Fr Rosica’s Fe… on Ambush
- 6,568,947 hits