about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve a parish in music ministry.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- Laudato Si 114: Revolution
- Asteroid Romero
- Weekend Football
- Laudato Si 113: Where Is The Hope?
- Laudato Si 112: Technology Serving People
- Laudato Si 111: Crisis Mode
- Gunning For Vainglory
- Laudato Si 110: Missing the Big Picture
- Laudato Si 109: Economics and Politics Driven by Technology
- On My Bookshelf: Theology of Christian Marriage III
Devin on Asteroid Romero Devin on Asteroid Romero charlesincenca on Gunning For Vainglory Atheist Max on Gunning For Vainglory charlesincenca on Gunning For Vainglory Todd on On My Bookshelf: Theology of C… FrMichael on On My Bookshelf: Theology of C… FrMichael on On My Bookshelf: Theology of C… Alethea on Funeral Lectionary: Matthew… charlesincenca on Open Thread on Insults
- 5,570,482 hits
Daily Archives: 16 February 2012
This passage from John is excerpted from the middle of a longer discourse (5:19-47) of Jesus. We don’t need to do an in-depth Bible study on twenty-nine verses to get to the gist of these six. It can be sufficient to … Continue reading
290. All churches should be dedicated or at least blessed. Cathedrals and parish churches, however, are to be dedicated with a solemn rite. Perhaps we should look at the dedication rites when we’re done with the GIRM. Part of the … Continue reading
Today’s section is titled, “The original pedagogy of faith” and is footnoted: (Cf. 1977 Synod of Bishops, Message to the People of God 11; Catechesi Tradendae 58) 144. Catechesis, which is therefore active pedagogy in the faith, in accomplishing its … Continue reading