about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- St Francis Xavier
- Laudato Si 46: Social Aspects of Global Change
- Worthy Is The Lamb
- Ah! Wilderness
- Dives in Misericordiae 13a: Profess and Proclaim Mercy
- Open Thread on Credibility
- Laudato Si 45: Where Do We Find Natural Beauty?
- Upper Plains Travelogue
- Dives in Misericordiae VII: An Incarnate Mercy
Fran Rossi Szpylczyn on Ah! Wilderness Jim McCrea on Montana Atheist Max on Dives in Misericordiae 13a: Pr… Liam on Montana Liam on Let Our Passing Be … Todd on Let Our Passing Be … Liam on Upper Plains Travelogue Atheist Max on Let Our Passing Be … Todd on Let Our Passing Be … charlesincenca on Let Our Passing Be …
- 5,260,088 hits
Daily Archives: 16 February 2012
This passage from John is excerpted from the middle of a longer discourse (5:19-47) of Jesus. We don’t need to do an in-depth Bible study on twenty-nine verses to get to the gist of these six. It can be sufficient to … Continue reading
290. All churches should be dedicated or at least blessed. Cathedrals and parish churches, however, are to be dedicated with a solemn rite. Perhaps we should look at the dedication rites when we’re done with the GIRM. Part of the … Continue reading
Today’s section is titled, “The original pedagogy of faith” and is footnoted: (Cf. 1977 Synod of Bishops, Message to the People of God 11; Catechesi Tradendae 58) 144. Catechesis, which is therefore active pedagogy in the faith, in accomplishing its … Continue reading