about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve a parish in music ministry.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- What Pope Francis Intends On Abortion Forgiveness
- On Counter-Witnessing
- When Do People Lose God?
- Laudato Si 79: Evolution, Positive and Otherwise
- Cinquant’anni Dopo 21-22: Rivalries and Critiques
- Laudato Si 78: Disposing of Myths
- Open Thread on Favorable Interpretation
- The Arc From Canon Law To Astrophysics
- Cinquant’anni Dopo 19-20: Obedience and Unity
NorDog on Boycott Todd on Boycott Todd on Boycott john on Boycott NorDog on Boycott Todd on Boycott NorDog on Boycott Todd on Boycott NorDog on Boycott Todd on Boycott
- 5,417,120 hits
Monthly Archives: March 2009
One bishop muses on Notre Dame, the president, and the protest generated by their convergence: I am more alarmed that the rhetoric being employed is so uncivil and venomous that it weakens the case we place before our fellow citizens, … Continue reading
For the past several months, I’ve been mostly disappointed in the fiction I’ve been picking up at the public library. I’ve also exhausted the astronomy section there, too–at least the books published in the past ten years for adults. Earlier … Continue reading
An e-mail correspondent asked me to comment on the situation of Ruth Kolpack and Bishop Robert Morlino. I’m not sure I have anything constructive to say. One, I haven’t read her thesis. Two, I’m not privy to the accurate or … Continue reading
14. The priest who baptizes an adult or a child of catchetical age should, when the bishop is absent, also confer confirmation, (Rite of Confirmation, Introduction no. 7b) unless this sacrament is to be given at another time (see RCIA … Continue reading
… but did they take the threat seriously? NCR reveals prelates and a pope heard from the founder of a religious order whose apostolate was working with “problem priests.” It’s one instance, but given Father Fitzgerald’s extensive work with many … Continue reading
South African bishop Edward Risi takes a publicity campaign to the readers of The Southern Cross and explains some of the thought behind the new English translations. Whether or not the bishops there have to pull the translations now or … Continue reading